Saturday, July 12, 2008

True

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution in the distance between your knees and the floor." Charles Stanley

What I see as a problem, God sees as a opportunity to help and for me to draw near to him. Here is my problem: We need a MIRACLE!!!! As our adoption journey has been rolling along, God has met us every step of the way. We have prayed for money and it has come at just the right time. We have prayed for confirmation to move ahead and the Lord has shown us every single time. Now we are at a critical point: we can turn in our applications to the adoption agencies, but they will not present us to any situations until we have the money to pay for that situation. Well folks, we have just enough money to send off our apps, make about a zillion needed copies and order certified birth certs and marriage license. We will then be out of money. Now, I know that our God is bigger and that is not an obstacle to Him! I only want to grasp that same mindset. We have been praying, so if you feel led, please pray for us as we continue on in this journey of faith.
Be blessed!

2 comments:

Kay Bratt said...

Have you applied for adoption grants? They are out there-- and if you have exhausted every means of savings, including 401k, etc...I have been told that grants can be obtained. I worked in an orphanage in China for years--and I can tell you to please don't lose hope. Many parents I know adopted when they didn't feel like they could actually make it to the finish line. Keep praying!

Anonymous said...

Matt - for some reason I was thinking about you. Hope you and the family are well. I'm sure your prayer will soon be answered. Take care. Jimmie & Teri