Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Goodness of the Lord

So I was doing my daily devos yesturday and I was so touched by the goodness of the Lord. The devo talked about being happy and joyful and how that makes you strong and being sad and mad makes you weak. Satan isn't after our joy as much as he is our strength. The devil wants us to weak to pray, worn out and burned out. But the Lord will lift our head and shield us from the devil's plot against us, if we put our trust in Him.

2Sa 22:31
“As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.


2Sa 22:3
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn[fn1] of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—


Neh 8:10" Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”


Psa 3:3
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high.

I rejoiced at how much the Lord wants to take care of us at all times. I went on to share this with my kiddos. We broke it down and talked about what a shield is and a refuge, etc.. We talked about how we can turn to God when we feel mad or sad and that He is faithful to be there for us and be our helper. I am so glad we did it because later that day we practiced what we talked about and it worked. I saw the Lord help when we asked and it is a great encouragement and kiss that our whole family needed. Praise be to Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl...just so you know I was praying for you today. God thinks you're great!!!
DESTA