Monday, July 28, 2008

this God we serve

As I was reading a book on the prophet Amos, I was struck on how dear the Lord is. Here's what got me thinking:

"Amos looked up and imagined the hand of God flinging stars like shining dust across the heavens. No. He was wrong to think such pagen thoughts, for God only had to utter a word and it was done. Only man had He shaped with His hands, using dust He created to form His most precious and amazing creation. Only man was molded and loved into being, the breath of life in his lungs given by God."

The Lord loves us so much that He used His hands to form us. He is amazing and so caring. I am constinatly in awe of how He thinks and feels and I love to discover things like---He formed us with His hands! I know that the Bible says so, but to have revelation of how God works is amazing. For all of creation He spoke, but for us, He formed us with His loving hands.

(From: Sons of Encouragement: The Prophet)

No comments: