Wednesday, July 9, 2008

random thoughts upon awaking

"You're simply beautiful, fearfully wonderful, glory unsearchable, HOW I LOVE YOU!!" This morning I woke--rather quickly because we forgot to set the alarm--and I was singing this song. (I think I have it worded correctly:-) Anyway, I am in awe of how great the Lord is!! I quickly got my husband out the door, and made a BIG mug of coffee and sat for daily devos, scriptures and prayer.

I am moved by what I was lead to read. In my devo book it talked about the key to loving others is loving yourself. Sometimes we cannot love others well because our own self-esteem is so low. Jesus thinks highly of us. He calls us kings and we are His delight. Now, I am not talking conceted/prideful love for yourself, but rather seeing the love the Father and Son have for you. We overwhelm Him with one glance of our eyes. If we love ourselves with that in mind, we will humbly worship the living God and be confident not in what we can do in our own strength but in Him and His strength. This spoke to my heart and gently reminded me of who I am and the love and acceptance that is mine. My prayer is that I will have peace to be who I am and love others well.

2Th 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way.


2Th 3:5
Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.

I also read :
Psa 62:5
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
Psa 62:6
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
Psa 62:7
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

All of my hope, safety, life is in the Lord's hands and He has me learning that my soul can wait for Him and He will help me in all cirrcumstances that life brings.

Be blessed!

No comments: