Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adoption update...

I have been asked questions like "When will you get your baby?" or "Do you know what baby you are getting?". The answer is we do not know, we are waiting. The way it works is we are going to turn in our applications to adoption agencies with in several states and we could be matched within 3-6 months. That means a birth mother has selected our family to raise her baby girl and we also agree that she is to be our baby. Then we wait for the BIG DAY and go to the state/city she will be born in. Our prayer is that we will be a the delivery and hold our baby immediately. We then stay in that city/state until the courts release us and the birth mom has sign the release. I am sure there may be a few things I am leaving out, but as we walk along this path, I will update.

So once again we are in the throws of paperwork! We have downloaded several adoption agencies applications and are in the process of filling them out. It can be a little intimidating because they are rather large and ask soooo many questions. The apps contain similar quesions that we have already answered for our homestudy and for CAC. I would think it would make it easier, but it is just a lot. One agency I researched had a 44 page application! WOW! So if you think of us, please pray for the paperwork process to move smoothly.

Another testimony...I did get our finished homestudy in the mail (awesome!) and with it a bill...I forgot that we would pay more once receiving the completed hs. So we already paid $ to CAC at a discounted rate, so it left me wih $250 for any more adoption cost to come. The bill for the hs was $450. I was short! Oh no! I prayed and asked the Lord for more $ and left it at that. Two days later, someone came to our home and gave us $500!!!! Praise Jesus! He heard me...again. His faithfulness is amazing!

If you are praying please include our little girl, her birth mom and family. Here's a few things you could highlight: baby to be healthy, whole, complete, lacking nothing, birth mom to have a understanding of the Lord's love and delight for her, safe delivery, etc.. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment over at Tracie's and wanted to say hello as another adoptive mama.

It sounds like you guys are open to a transracial adoption? Awesome! I wanted to invite you to check out Bethany's adoption message board (it's open to anyone from any agency). They have a great Transracial Adoption web forum, lots of great ladies over there. the url is discussion.bethany.org
Take care.