Friday, February 20, 2009

What a day!

Today my dear, sweet husband and BF had to have knee surgery. He is a trooper though! I think he prayed more for me than for himself! :-)
The day began early and went like this:

5am-I was up and at em'
515-I did my mile walking video-happy it was still a quiet house!
6am-the troops began to stir
615-kids officially up then dress, make beds, eat. I get up my love.
630-I get ready for the day, pack food for my hungry self and tidy up our home
740-we are out the door to drop kids with a friend
815-check in at hospital
830-we go to pre-op until love is taken back at 10:15 for surgery. Pics taken and many laughs from the lovely attire and get up! The nurses dimiss me right before he gets his happy meds--I was sorry to miss that part :-)
1015-1210-I am in waiting room enjoying my many snacks, crosword puzzles and free decaf coffee and hot cocoa! Dr. consulted me and said all went well, gave me cool pics of inside a knee and then I went to see my still grogy hubby.
1pm-We are released with 7 pages of instructions, crutches, and a really cool ice machine that is suppose to keep knee swelling down.
130-HOME!! We stood in the front yard a while because hubby thought he may get sick, but only phlem:-) inside we go.
200-He is set on the couch, hooked up with remote, h20, saltines, pillows, etc..
I leave to get meds filled.
230-Call from friend who has kiddos--they are ready to come home. We meet there and I go with them to store, pick up meds/food/ice.
420pm-HOME AGAIN! This time hubby is asleep, so we unload food and I get kiddos into showers. I had them after they played at park and football.
6pm-Dinner
630-stories/prayers
715-bed
currently--I am out of steam!!!

Going to bed, but praiseing GOD for his goodness today!

No comments: